Therefore Having Gone

Therefore Having Gone

Friday, October 7, 2022

OUGHT TO

Technology issues tonight with my laptop are reminding me that I never regret taking a few minutes in the morning to write a rough draft of the day's blogpost. 

I often regret waiting until the end of the day. 

I was able today to slip back into several routines without much thought. I ran the dogs and I made the bed, for instance. 

But getting some writing done early in the day has not reached the point of automaticity. It is not yet a habit. It remains an "ought to". 

And without a firm decision to make early writing a part of my routine, it will remain sporadic.

And it will produce regret whenever I fail to do what I ought. 

There is a big gulf between habit and "ought". 

No comments:

Post a Comment