Therefore Having Gone

Therefore Having Gone

Thursday, October 20, 2022

OUT OF THE BLUE

I was shaken today to hear of a childhood friend's death. We grew up going to the same church, same junior high, and same high school. And Jay's parents were friends with my parents. 

I don't know any details about his death, but I am guessing he had a heart attack. 

I feel for his wife and children. 

Jay and I ran with different crowds outside of church, so I can't say we were ever super close. And it's probably been at least a decade since I last saw him face to face. 

Still, there's something quite startling and unnerving about the death of someone your own age, especially when you have a shared history. 

It's impossible not to put yourself in his shoes. 

Tonight 54 feels both oldish and way too young. 

No comments:

Post a Comment