Therefore Having Gone

Therefore Having Gone

Tuesday, October 4, 2022

THE LAST NIGHT

This is my last night in Ghana and I am feeling a jumble of emotions.

I woke up this morning quite ready to get home to Melissa and the kids in Indiana. And even ready to jump into fundraising for the future of Mission Resource.

I had missed family time at a friend's wedding over the weekend and now I was 6,000 miles away for Samuel's 19th birthday. 

Plus, we didn't have much on the agenda for today - just hitting a tourist market in Accra for some souvenirs and then out to a property Mission Resource purchased a few years ago. With traffic and poor roads, it took us 2 and a half hours to reach the market. 

By then, I was ready to just head over to the airport.

But a few hours later we drove onto the Mission Resource property on the edge of a village called Ningo (which happens to sit directly on the Atlantic coastline), and I was ready to camp out there for a few days.

I just need to fly back to Indiana, grab Melissa and Sarah, a coffeemaker, and some coffee. Maybe a couple of sleeping bags. 

I want to wake up here with Melissa and sip coffee on the balcony, enjoying the ocean breeze as the sun rises. 

And then spend the rest of the day picking up garbage.

Maybe some day. 

The building will someday house visiting teams and the Mission Resource office. And it has tons of potential to function in various other ways that only God knows at the moment. It will someday be a blessing to Ningo and all of Ghana. 

But for now it is half-finished and waiting for further funds to be raised. 













That was a few hours ago and now I am back at Enoch's house, ready to hit the sack. My flight leaves Accra at 10 pm and I am still looking forward to it. 

But now ... well, I am not surprised to find that Ghana has gotten into my blood a bit.

I look forward to returning in the near future. 

No comments:

Post a Comment