Therefore Having Gone

Therefore Having Gone

Monday, October 31, 2022

LOVE DEFINED

It seems to me that when progressive American churches preach that congregations need to demonstrate "love" to the world, their definition of "love" is different from what I have in mind. 

It has thrown me for a loop sometimes.

But I now understand that when progressives say "love", they mean "acceptance" and little more.

They are definitely "see-no-evil" types. Much of what Scripture and traditional Christianity would call "sin", is overlooked, condoned, or even celebrated in many American churches today. 

With this brand of faith, the only true sin is the lack of "love". 

And if we see that acceptance is synonymous with "love", then it makes sense that these churches view intolerance as the opposite: "hatred". 

Intolerance, then, is the only true sin. 


(I am aware the conservative church's definition of "love" is also skewed. I will get to that. 😉

No comments:

Post a Comment