Therefore Having Gone

Therefore Having Gone

Friday, July 30, 2021

NEW HABITS COMING

I am on a recent reading kick and my new obsession is books about habits - how to kick bad habits, yes, but mainly how to start good ones. 

It's natural for me at this point in the summer (my first official day is this coming Wednesday) to feel deep regret over not having used my time wisely over the last two months. I had so many projects on my list at the beginning of the summer. 

And so few have been crossed off. 

But I've come to the even sadder conclusion that it is not just my summers. I have wasted too much time in general through procrastination and lack of focus. 

If I am going to continue teaching (and do it effectively) while going back to school (and keep good grades) while not neglecting my family, I need to get much more disciplined with my time. 

My studies will not start until October 1, so I have the next two months to get on a secure footing with my 8th graders and to start some healthy time management habits before those habits will be put to the test.

Throughout August and September, I plan to experiment on myself with what I have learned from the books. 

And if what I have learned proves to be true, I promise to gladly pass the "secrets" along to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment