Therefore Having Gone

Therefore Having Gone

Monday, June 19, 2023

TEACH ME

This morning I started to rectify my prayer problem. 

Here's where I started: 

With another look at Luke 11:1 where the disciples walked right up to Jesus and said, "Teach us to pray".

Just that way - as a demand, not a request. 

It wasn't "Would you teach us?" or "Please teach us". 

Instead, it was a flat out, unapologetic imperative: "Teach us". 

And then the crazy thing is that Jesus turned around and modeled and encouraged similar imperatives in their prayers to their heavenly Father:

"GIVE US this day our daily bread."

"FORGIVE US our sins."

"LEAD US not into temptations."

It's a bold approach, but it's also the way you talk to a real person. 

At least to a person above you whom you acknowledge as the only one who can give you what you need. 

So this morning I said, "Father, Son, and Holy Spirit - teach me to pray." 

And tomorrow I am going to say it again.


No comments:

Post a Comment