Therefore Having Gone

Therefore Having Gone

Saturday, June 17, 2023

RETURN TO ROUTINE

Yesterday became one of the handful of days I have not written and posted at least some little thing daily over the last 2 and a half years. 

It crossed my mind to sit down at 1:00 am and write but I gave myself permission just to give in to the exhaustion.

Yesterday morning was the final class meeting for the week of intensives on campus at Wesley Biblical Seminary in Jackson, Mississippi. Each of us had to prepare and deliver a sermon - and then be critiqued by the other students.

Yes, it was as stressful and awkward as that sounds.

To compound the pain, I had not been sleeping well for the previous ten days or so. Falling asleep was no problem, but I was waking up between 2:30 and 4:00 am each morning. Wide awake and no return to dreamland possible. 

When my class ended at 11:30, I offered to take Caleb and his friend Ethan out to lunch. 

(I don't know that I have mentioned here that Caleb was with me for the week to visit with Ethan, his best friend from our years in Haiti who is now living in Jackson while studying at - and working for - the seminary.)

Lunch was good and a great opportunity to procrastinate on hitting the road for the 10 hour drive home. 

So most of the day was a tedious drive north and we arrived back home just before 1:00 am. 

And that is my excuse for not writing.

It's a good one.

I did find that I was anxious to get home after being away for two weeks. Vacation and my classes were all good, but I am one who appreciates routine. 

Speaking of that, it is Saturday night as I write and the clock has already hit 10:30. I aim for no later than 10 in order to be as rested as possible Sunday mornings, so I will sign off.

Back to the routine! 

No comments:

Post a Comment