Therefore Having Gone

Therefore Having Gone

Saturday, June 10, 2023

A BREAK

After preaching weekly for three months now, it is going to be weird to wake up tomorrow morning and not head off to Sardinia to preach. I am guessing it will not even feel like a Sunday. This certainly does not feel like a Saturday night.

It is probably good for a preacher to take a Sunday off now and then and equally good for the congregation to hear from somebody else now and then. 

But I think I will actually miss being able to deliver a message tomorrow morning. 

Although I am taking a short break from teaching, I have not taken any break from sermon preparation. I have been looking over the passage I intend to use June 18th and I am excited about the possibilities.

At one time I couldn't imagine finding enough to say week after week for even a year. Now I am consistently frustrated by not having enough time to cover what needs to be covered.

All this to say: I intend to enjoy tomorrow morning away from the pulpit but I also know that I will enjoy next Sunday morning even more.  


No comments:

Post a Comment