Therefore Having Gone

Therefore Having Gone

Wednesday, June 21, 2023

RELAX

I am having trouble relaxing these days. 

Even while on vacation recently, I just couldn't let go during the day and I wasn't sleeping well at night.

In fact, I woke up every morning between 2:30 and 4:30. (It didn't help that our windows overlooked the pool - which was fully lit throughout the night.) 

My work schedule these days is extremely flexible - for which I am thankful - but my days are choppy and there's no daily "quittin' time". No finish line.

Not to mention the fact I am left setting my own schedule hour by hour, which requires a boatload of second guessing for an overthinker like me. 

Add the doctorate work on top and I'm left alternating between jittery and paralyzed from morning to bedtime.

And when I do take time to relax - like sitting down to watch something on Netflix with Melissa - it is the same sensation as sneaking junk food while on a diet: It fulfills a craving, but guilt overshadows much of the enjoyment. 

I know I am not the first one to struggle with this - anybody have a book or article to suggest?

No comments:

Post a Comment