Therefore Having Gone

Therefore Having Gone

Saturday, April 1, 2023

CAUTION!

The other day the YouTube algorithm served me a video entitled "Some CAUTION About The Bible Project!"

What a bummer! I had just recently rediscovered The Bible Project - an online collection of about 150 excellently crafted videos explaining various books and themes of the Bible. I had browsed their collection and came away thoroughly impressed and determined to recommend The Bible Project as a valuable resource to other believers. Now I feared I had overlooked some terrible heresy lurking within their animated videos.

After this initial fear, my reaction - as typical for me now in the 2020s - moved simply to "I don't believe it." Nevertheless, I decided to watch the video for myself to see if I needed to retract my support of The Bible Project.

To my surprise, the speaker had high praise for the work being done on the website. His great and terrible word of caution boiled down to one main concern: 

The videos did not stress the wrath of God enough! That's right - The Bible Project needs to make God angrier. 

I will give you three guesses as to what the speaker's theological background was. 

(Hint: it's a group whose theological beliefs have been shaped primarily by a man whose initials are J.C. - but who is not Jesus Christ.) 

Anyway, I can still happily recommend that you check out The Bible Project

Unless you prefer your God more wrathful. 

In which case you can always go read old Jonathan Edwards sermons instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment