Therefore Having Gone

Therefore Having Gone

Thursday, June 9, 2011

Days 197 to 206

I've got to get caught up here, and most of these things are rather unremarkable, so I'll dump several days together:

Day 197 - Child's deck chair that Ida sat on and broke through (Throw). 
Day 198 - Glass frame (Give) - I plan to fill the frame with an enlarged photo to give to a friend.

Day 199 - Regifting of an End-of-Year Teacher Gift
(This was written as school ended last week.)
I don't want to make too much out of this or even post a picture because who knows who might be reading this.  But Melissa always makes it a point to get some sort of gift for the kids' teachers at the end of the school year and, as a kindergarten teacher, she also tends to be on the receiving end of similar gifts.  So one came in today and it's going out tomorrow.  It was a nice gift and extremely thoughtful - it's just that we don't NEED it.

By the way, we high school teachers get kind of jealous of the kindergarten teachers around Christmas and the end of the school year.  We don't tend to get too many presents from students.  But on the last day of school I received a Krispy Kreme Donut and - even better - a thank you letter.  It was one of those letters that makes your entire year.  I can't remember ever receiving a more eloquent and moving thank you note.  (I was also glad to see that the word choice was top-notch and everything was spelled correctly!)

Day 200 - Photo Frame (Throw).  This picture was taken early in our time in Pensacola just after we got married.  I didn't want to throw it away, but something had gotten spilled on it and the picture was simply ruined.
Day 201 - Plastic Pitcher I Dropped (Throw).  It didn't bounce.

Day 202 - Two Unframed Prints (Sell).  Melissa must have bought these some time ago for some reason, but they never got used.  They can go into our moving sale.
Day 203 - Simpsons Calendar from 2000 (!) (Throw)

Day 204 - Yet More Scotland Postcards (Give)

Day 205 - Musical Frame (Sell).  I got this from some good friends, Ron and Cathy, years ago.  Would like to keep it, but can't.
Day 206 - Another Horseshoe.  I'll put it in the moving sale, but I can't imagine anyone wants it.  But it's good luck, you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment