Therefore Having Gone

Therefore Having Gone

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Day 207 - Dead Batteries (Throw - Recycle)

It has honestly bugged me throughout this process as to how much JUNK I have added to the local landfill.  Some time ago I noticed my brother Spencer kept a bucket near the front door for used batteries to recycle and I determined that I would at least make the effort to recycle dead batteries around the house.  So I started collecting them in a ziploc bag and  when it filled, I put it in my school book bag so I would remember to take the batteries to Spencer. 

I carried those batteries for months, back and forth to school.  And now that school's out, I finally made the effort to drop them off at the store. 

Hopefully Spencer doesn't just dump his bucket in the trash whenever it gets full.  I've never asked him what he does with the batteries...

No comments:

Post a Comment