Therefore Having Gone

Therefore Having Gone

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Day 208 - Paint Cans (Throw)

We talked to our real estate friend and she suggested that in the current housing climate in town, it's a buyer's market for home sales and a landlord's market for rentals.  Also, a lot of folks are moving into town from places where they are struggling to sell their own houses and so they are open to buying "on contract".  Our friend suggested that we make it known that we are willing to sell on contract and, if we don't get any significant nibbles on that in the next few weeks, we offer the house as a rental. 

So we are taking her advice and advertising the house over the next few weeks for sale on contract and, if nothing happens, we will move out after our trip to Haiti and seek a good renter.  The whole point is that we want to get out from under the mortgage so that we can redirect that money toward paying down other debts. 

Looks like we will be moving in to my mother-in-law's house.  I will let you know how that goes!  ;-)  Right now, I am just so grateful that she is willing to put up with us for a year!

So I have started giving more serious thought to all the things that will need to go in the next few weeks!  I looked around my garage and found an entire corner dedicated to old rusty cans of paint that I inherited from the previous owner!  I don't want to do that to a new owner ... or leave it for me to clean up at a later time if I'm a landlord, so I started looking a little closer at the paint.

I had heard that the best thing to do - at least with latex - is to open the cans and let it dry out.  I figured I'd better get right on that so that by August 1st, the cans would all be dried out.

Quite a few of the cans didn't bother to wait for me!  They are so old, they are pre-dried.  (But they stank like crazy!)

So that was easier than I thought it would be...

No comments:

Post a Comment