Therefore Having Gone

Therefore Having Gone

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Day 217 - Old VHS Videos (Throw)

Found a box full of old VHS videos - some were mine, some were Melissa's.  Hers were videos of kindergarten Mothers' Day programs from ten years back.  Mine were an assortment of footage from various camps, mission trips and Ichthus Festivals.  Fortunately, most were labeled (though one was simply and mysteriously titled "Hell").

I haven't tossed all of them yet... I need to look through a few and maybe I will hold onto some.  Also, the kids will get a kick out of some of the footage, no doubt!

I'm going to try to embed a video here - it's a first for me.  This video was shot at a campground when my good friends, Tim Price and Jamie Hudgins, and I got together for a weekend retreat probably 12 or 13 years ago:





The funny/SAD thing about this video is that it appears to be one of the first things I filmed with my first camcorder.  The camcorder was by no means the top of the line, but I had plopped down over $700 for it! I remember being bummed that "image stabilization" cost another $100 and I couldn't afford that luxury.  I got a lot of use out of that camcorder, though (until I loaned it out to a student two years ago and it disappeared entirely). 

Yesterday, for Father's Day, Melissa and the kids gave me a new camcorder - again, it's not top of the line - but it IS lightyears ahead of that old one. 

It's all digital, of course, and although it can store two hours of film on its disk, it still fits in the palm of my hand.  It has a 65X zoom, image stabilization and comes with its own movie editing software.  It takes about 5 seconds to transfer the film to the computer.  All for just over $125!   Amazing!

Its first job:  tape this old footage off the TV.  I wish I had that $700 about now...

No comments:

Post a Comment