Therefore Having Gone

Therefore Having Gone

Sunday, January 15, 2023

ATTENDING

When I pulled into the church parking lot this morning, I had trouble finding an empty spot. I had to park way out in the far lot - and it was not because I was running late.

I don't remember the last time I couldn't find a spot in the first couple of rows next to the front doors.

And once inside, the sanctuary felt fuller too.

It got me wondering - does church attendance spike during January, like gym attendance does?

By some estimates gym crowds increase by 30 to 50% in January ... before returning to normal by mid-February.

People use the new year as a springboard to renew their dedication to fitness and exercise, but then find it hard to keep it going as time marches on.

I would not be surprised if something similar happens in churches. 

We know we SHOULD be working on our spirits, but it's hard to hold on to our motivation as days turn into weeks and weeks into months.  

No comments:

Post a Comment