Therefore Having Gone

Therefore Having Gone

Tuesday, July 4, 2023

STARTING LINE

We had a video chat with Sarah tonight. She is loving her time with the mission team in El Salvador.

She shared her testimony in front of a whole lot of students today and that makes this father's heart swell with pride and gratitude.

Sarah also talked of the team sharing the Gospel with the crowds and seeing some of students come forward to receive Christ.

I know I should be rejoicing over that - and I do - but my joy is always tempered by reservations over the way we tend to do evangelism, especially with strangers.

Too often we treat "getting someone saved" as if it is an act akin to crossing the finish line. 

But getting someone saved is more like getting them to the starting line. 

The race is yet to be run. 

I would rejoice a thousand times more - and with no reservation - if I were somehow to hear a year from now that those same students were all walking with Christ daily. 

No comments:

Post a Comment