Therefore Having Gone

Therefore Having Gone

Friday, July 21, 2023

AHEAD OF THE GAME

I just finished writing a 16 page exegesis paper, so I am done writing for the day.

On the bright side, this means my preaching is just about entirely in manuscript form already - which is one of the requirements for this Sunday's sermon - the one based on this exegesis and needing to be submitted on video for a grade.

It is good to be this far along on the sermon because tomorrow (Saturday) evening is our VBS program. There will be no time for last minute sermon writing tomorrow evening! 

I do still need to put together a PowerPoint presentation with it. I did the PowerPoint last week and it proved to be useful for keeping me on track and the congregation engaged, so I plan to make it a regular habit.

I prayed the Lord's prayer this morning - a new habit I am cultivating. Whenever I get to "give us this day our daily bread", I always take that to mean, "Lord, give me whatever it is that I need today to make this day successful". So this morning I asked for the grace and the strength and the mental sharpness to finish this paper.

And now it is finished. With an hour and 25 minutes to spare! 

Thank you, Lord, and goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment