Therefore Having Gone

Therefore Having Gone

Wednesday, July 5, 2023

CONTAMINATION

Before I started preaching on a weekly basis, my personal Bible study time had reached new levels of depth. I was making big connections between various strands of theology at the same time I was starting to notice important things that seemed to be outside the major concerns of any systematic theology I was familiar with. 

My time in Scripture was something I looked forward to every morning. My day just seemed off on the rare occasions I allowed it to be squeezed out of my schedule. 

Now my Bible study experience has changed and I am trying to figure out how to spend time daily on sermon prep without that being my only time in Scripture. 

I have no idea what other preachers experience, but I know for me there is something corrupting about the anticipation of presenting on Sunday to other people whatever it is that I might gain from my study this morning. 

The approaching sermon can't help but contaminate my thinking and my motivation. 

And I am not sure how to overcome that. 

But it needs to change because I miss what I had before. 

No comments:

Post a Comment