Therefore Having Gone

Therefore Having Gone

Wednesday, July 26, 2023

SARDINIA

My family gave me a drone for Father's Day and I haven't even opened the box yet. My hesitation has been the steep learning curve which I know it will bring. 

Today, though, I thought of a use for it that might finally get me motivated to take it for a flight: I would like to get video of Sardinia Baptist Church from the air.

Sardinia is a unique community. It's the proverbial "wide spot in the road". The road in this case is Highway 3. 

Traffic along 3 isn't required to make a full stop, but it is slowed to 45 mph briefly.

There are maybe 40 or 50 houses in Sardinia. I am told there used to be a restaurant here, a grocery store, and more than one gas station. Today nobody would believe that Sardinia used to have its own motel if the proof wasn't sitting right there about a 100 feet back off of Highway 3 to the west. 

The restaurant, grocery store, gas stations, and motel are all defunct, but one operation that predated them all has also outlasted them all. Right at the geographical center of Sardinia is the only church in town: Sardinia Baptist.

I would like to use the drone to get some video footage to remind the congregation of this reality: We are the body of Christ and we are at the heart of our community geographically.

We need to be at the heart in every other possible way as well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment