Therefore Having Gone

Therefore Having Gone

Sunday, May 28, 2023

LAYOVER

Maybe it's wrong that I found it tougher to see my oldest daughter off to Europe this summer than it was when my oldest son did the same last year. 

It just makes me nervous. Maybe it's because she's headed to Rome and when I myself was there - several decades ago - I had my wallet stolen by a child as I walked down the street.

But Hannah wasn't even to her final destination yet today before she started putting my fears to rest - by reminding me she is a capable, independent young woman with a good head on her shoulders.

She had a layover in Dublin that was a stretch of 10 hours, but instead of twiddling her thumbs at the airport all day, she did her research, bought herself a bus pass, and ventured out to see what she could see of Ireland ... in a few hours. 

This evening she called us from a hotel in Italy, now a bona fide world traveler. 

I think she will be just fine. 

(But I will continue to pray for her anyway - just as a backup. 😉)



No comments:

Post a Comment