Therefore Having Gone

Therefore Having Gone

Sunday, September 9, 2012

A Few Sunday Afternoon Pics

It's Sunday afternoon. I have been away from my family for almost two full weeks now.  Which means that today Melissa is working to find a bit of alone time in Indiana while I would do anything to have some family time here in Vaudreuil!  I have had plenty of alone time.  Hopefully I have made good use of that time - I have tried to - but I am over it. 
 
I've had just about every meal with the Bundy family and the food has been great and the family chaos around the table has been entertaining, but it does make me homesick for my own family's mealtime chaos.
 
The internet connection has been real iffy the last few days and even now, there is no available connection up at the house where I am staying, so I am sitting in front of the mission office with my laptop in order to get a signal.  Which is OK except the glare of the Haitian sun makes it tough to see the screen - even in the shade - and my time will be limited by my battery power.
 
Here I am in my little chair:


The sporadic nature of the internet connection (and the fact that once the power goes out at 9 pm, there is NO connection possible at all) has meant that WHEN I have been able to get online, I have chosen to use that time to skype with my family rather than update this blog. No offense! 
 
So I have decided to post some pics this afternoon as a way of catching up on the last few days here.

The Bundy kids ready for the first day of school.

The littlest Bundy standing outside the classroom on her first day of kindergarten.

My students hard at work.  At the end of the first week, there was still no internet connection for the school.  Here they were just typing up a writing assignment for me on their laptops.  We have been able to use another connection temporarily, but we have not yet begun the online curriculum.

Just for an extra challenge, every day the power goes out around 9:30 and is off until noon.  Long story.  Hopefully the situation will get rectified soon, but for now someone runs out and cranks up the portable generator which is loaded with power cords to each of the rooms in an attempt to keep at least a fan or two running.

Mrs. Z.'s class tends to be rather dark without overhead lights, so the generator also powers this fancy lamp for the 1st and 2nd graders!

Had to throw in a picture of a Haitian air conditioner...

 My battery is getting low, so I will sign off for now and see if I can post a few more pics once the battery is recharged and the laptop has had a chance to cool off!

No comments:

Post a Comment