Therefore Having Gone

Therefore Having Gone

Monday, February 22, 2021

THE BEST GIFTS

Giving a book as a gift is a real gamble. The jackpot is when a book placed in a friend's hand opens up life-altering new insights. But it seems like the greater possibility is that it will sit on a shelf untouched for a few years before moving to a box in the garage and eventually a shelf at the local Goodwill. 

Last Saturday Amazon delivered two books into my hands and both were gifts. One was from my wife and one was from a friend on the West Coast. 

When somebody gives me a book as a gift, I guarantee that I will read it. 

My friend generously sent N.T. Wright's Paul: A Biography after posting about the book on Facebook, just because I commented about my interest in it and its author. Sweet!



My wife bought me Craig Groeschel's Winning the War in Your Mind after hearing the author on a podcast and thinking it might line up with some of my current interests. 



Time will tell whether either of these hit the jackpot. I will let you know. ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment