Therefore Having Gone

Therefore Having Gone

Thursday, March 14, 2024

CONVERTIBLE LIFE

It's spring break for the local schools but there was no trip to Florida in the cards for Melissa, Sarah, and me this week. Time and budget refused to cooperate.

So I have been working and Sarah has picked up extra hours at the clothing store and Melissa has been spring cleaning at home. Nothing too exciting.

But yesterday morning the weather was holding the promise of a perfect spring day and the three of us had a few afternoon hours to spare, so we decided to head to Brown County for lunch and shopping. 

At first I was worried that our window was too narrow. It was already past noon and the drive to Nashville takes at least 30 minutes each way. Sarah needed to be at her second job - scooping ice cream - by 4:00 PM. 

I ended up being so glad I hadn't decided to bail on account of time. You see, I had not factored Sarah's little convertible Beetle into my thinking.

The convertible meant that the hour of travel wasn't a hassle to endure - it was a part of the fun of the afternoon.

A BIG part.

We rolled the top back, Sarah cranked up the 80s tunes, and we soaked up as much sun as we could. 




The lunch was fine and the shopping was enjoyable, though short-lived. But the highlight of the day - of my week - was the ride there and back.

It left me pondering my daily life and work. 

How can life be less "getting from Point A to Point B" and more "top down, sun in my face, and wind in my hair"?


No comments:

Post a Comment