Therefore Having Gone

Therefore Having Gone

Friday, April 26, 2024

BANQUET UNDER MURPHY'S LAW

Tonight my mission agency hosted its annual spring fundraising banquet and 99% of what could go wrong DID go wrong.

Both the catered dinner and the program fell apart. 

From my perspective, it was an absolute train wreck of an evening. 

Still, the Spirit managed to keep me fairly unruffled. I was smiling through it all. I give Him all the credit. 

I figure that God still gets His work done, even when it's obvious to the whole world how rough His clay vessels are.

I guess there were a few things that went right.

The florist did a great job decorating the tables and it was all done well before anyone arrived for the event. 

There was plenty of time for fellowship around the tables.

Six teens came from my church to help serve for the evening. They had a wonderful spirit. 

But for my money, the true highlight of the evening was my son Samuel getting up to address the crowd about why he supports Mission Resource even as a college student with bills to pay. I know I am biased, but if Samuel had been the whole program, the event might have been a smashing success. 

Still, I believe God has His reasons for allowing what He allows and He brings good out of the worst circumstances. Perhaps the coming weeks will reveal why the train was allowed off its tracks and what good came from tonight. 

I hope so. 

No comments:

Post a Comment