Therefore Having Gone

Therefore Having Gone

Friday, April 19, 2024

BACK HOME AGAIN

According to Google Memories, we have been back in our house in Columbus for four years now. 

What a mix of emotions. 

On the one hand, what a blessing it was to have a familiar place to "come home to" after leaving Haiti so unexpectedly, especially as Covid was turning everything upside down. (We had been renting the house out the entire time we were in Haiti. Our last tenant moved out for his own reasons just three days before we arrived back in town.)

But on the other hand, I never anticipated living here again. I don't want to sound ungrateful, but it's not a house I want to grow old in.

I miss Haiti. I miss the school. I miss working alongside my wife. I miss our Haitian friends and the community of missionaries. 

Strangely, I even miss the daily struggle of life in an impoverished country. 

No comments:

Post a Comment