Therefore Having Gone

Therefore Having Gone

Saturday, March 16, 2024

CANVA FUN

Tonight I got caught up in a little community project for which I volunteered recently. Every other month the town of Westport, Indiana publishes and mails the "Town Crier" - a 32 page publication with a community calendar, recipes, a directory, and ads for local businesses.

I signed up to help out with proofreading and graphic design. 

The staff is all volunteer and apparently none of the current group is very artsy. (Or they're all very busy and don't have time to make things look pretty.)

So in the past, some of the Crier's ads were created by scanning business cards. Many of these have become nearly unreadable in print because they are copies of copies. 

One ad was even a picture of a business card resting on somebody's kitchen counter:


Not a particularly good look. 

But the fix was pretty easy. I found the company on Facebook and grabbed a screen shot of the same business card from their photos. It will be much cleaner and much easier to read in the upcoming April/May edition.


Fortunately, I love messing around with Canva. It's a creative outlet for me. And I know it's fulfilling some need for artistry in my life because I completely lose track of time once I get started reworking ads for the Crier.

Here are a few I have either recreated from faded business cards or made from scratch:







No comments:

Post a Comment