Therefore Having Gone

Therefore Having Gone

Sunday, March 10, 2024

BROTHERS

This weekend I was able to spend more time with two of my three brothers than I have in a long time. We all tend to stay pretty busy and, sadly, since mom passed away in 2019, we just don't tend to have large family gatherings on a regular basis.

So it was pretty special to see both Spencer and Russ in a single weekend.

Spencer came to see me. He made the effort to get to Sardinia with some of his family to be witness to my baptism this morning and then they all stuck around for the luncheon afterwards. It was awesome to have them present. He said he almost teared up. 😉

As for my younger brother, Melissa and I went to see him. Russ was in the hospital for an appendectomy that became anything but routine. In fact, it got a little scary at points. 

So much so that when I visited him Friday night, I almost told him that I loved him!

Thankfully, this evening we visited him again and he seemed to be moving toward full recovery, so we are grateful. 

I hope neither one reads this and think that I care about them! 

(My oldest brother is OK too, I guess.)

No comments:

Post a Comment