Therefore Having Gone

Therefore Having Gone

Wednesday, October 11, 2023

NETWORKING

Recently and on behalf of Mission Resource, I joined a business networking group that meets weekly here in Columbus. It is a chapter of Business Networking International.

It's a pretty serious commitment: A 7:00 am meeting every Tuesday (you are only allowed to miss 3 every 6 months) and, every week, a goal of one hour of continuing business education and a personal meeting with another member. 

Plus, at every meeting I have to get up and give a 30 second commercial for Mission Resource and report on whether or not I have kept the education and 1-to-1 meeting commitments.

The goal is to get the word out about Mission Resource and to raise our profile across Columbus. 

When I first joined a few months ago, I feared that it was going to be a drag - that I would be out of my element entirely.

And I am - but not entirely.

And that is because in recent years, God has been teaching me how and why to network. 

The How involves working hard to overcome my lingering shyness and taking a genuine interest in the other person, seeking to understand ways I can help him or her accomplish something important. 

The Why is because "networking" is just the business world's version of working together for a greater good just as the various parts of the Body of Christ must work together to spread His Kingdom.

Nothing great is accomplished - in the sphere of business or spirituality - by those determined to work in isolation. 

No comments:

Post a Comment