Therefore Having Gone

Therefore Having Gone

Monday, October 16, 2023

FLASHBACK

I witnessed the weaponization of social media against a recently-made friend this morning and it grieved my soul. 

Apparently my new friend has some genuine past skeletons in her closet and those were exposed on Facebook by another woman bent on personal destruction.

There's no way of knowing which of all the accusations are true or to what extent, but they were all shocking. Some were backed with documentation, giving the illusion (to the uninitiated) that all were true.

The enemy succeeded. 

My friend has resigned in shame from a job she loved. I doubt I will ever know the further repercussions of this episode since my connection to her was through that workplace. But I am guessing that "devastation" would be an understatement. 

I wonder how many other people who witnessed the Facebook dumpster fire shared my perspective:

My friend may have stolen some money in the past, but that sin pales in comparison to the darkness of a soul bent on ruining another person's career, marriage, and home. 

I have had my own battle with one possessed by such soul-twisting bitterness - I know of what I speak.

I found myself praying for both women, but very different prayers.

For my friend: peace, comfort, and an opportunity for a genuine fresh start. 

For her enemy: a conviction leading to profound repentance. Hers is a soul in great peril. 

No comments:

Post a Comment