Therefore Having Gone

Therefore Having Gone

Monday, October 30, 2023

DRONE TEST RUN

Melissa and the kids gave me a drone for Father's Day way back in June. I am ashamed to say it sat in my office at home, wrapped up tight in its original box, until today.

Melissa had told me that once I opened the box, Best Buy would not take the drone back for a refund, so I should make sure it was something I wanted before I opened it.

It's not that I didn't want a drone. I am fascinated by them and I have been curious about drone photography and video. I checked the reviews online for this model and it seemed capable of pretty decent images for a "beginner's" drone.

What held me back from breaking it out of the box was my fear of the learning curve. My brain is overtaxed as it is and I just KNEW it was going to be complicated.

But Sardinia has a special service coming up on November 12th and I thought it would be great to get some aerial shots of the building beforehand and maybe even a whole group crowd shot on the day itself.

And there is nothing like an approaching deadline for motivation to finally take action.

To my great surprise, this drone really is designed for absolute beginners. At the touch of a button, the propellers fire up and it rises 5 feet in the air and hovers. Two joysticks control all the movements: one for up and down, the other for movement forward and backward and side to side. And another button will bring the drone right back to land where you started it. 

Anyway, I managed to get a couple of photos and I am now looking forward to exploring the drone's capability even further. 

Fears can be so stupid sometimes.







No comments:

Post a Comment