Therefore Having Gone

Therefore Having Gone

Tuesday, October 10, 2023

AMERICAN BIBLE USE

Here's a graph of some data from the 2022 State of the Bible report by the American Bible Society (page 17).

Note these numbers are for all Americans, not just professing Christians.


Is it surprising to you that over half of Americans interact with their own Bible only 1 to 2 times per year OR LESS?  The report is lengthy - almost 250 pages. I assume they break these numbers down among professing Christians as well, but I have not gotten to that information yet.

On the other end are those who read their Bibles regularly. Maybe I am a cynic, but the finding that 10 % of Americans are reading their own Bible daily seems a little high to me. I certainly HOPE it is that high and, obviously, ideally it would be even higher, but something about that number does not seem to correlate with real life experience.  

What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment