Therefore Having Gone

Therefore Having Gone

Friday, October 11, 2024

LIKE THE SUNRISE

I watched a YouTube video today entitled "Atheist SURPRISED By (Christian's) View Of SALVATION". 

It was posted by the Christian and after watching it, I wondered why he didn't delete it instead.

He didn't look too great. The atheist, on the other hand, seemed emboldened by the conversation rather than surprised.

A large part of the conversation centered on the atheist asking the Christian what reason he had for believing in the Bible's description of the life, death, and resurrection of Jesus.

The Christian didn't really have a great response. It was like he had never thought of it before.

It's a good question and I was sympathetic to this guy struggling to answer because it's tough being put on the spot in that way. 

I tried to imagine myself in his shoes and ask myself what I would say.

It IS hard to make the case for believing in presumed firsthand accounts from 2,000 years ago of a miraculous occurence like a resurrection in an age when you know you can't even trust the evening news. Even if it is accompanied by video.

So I think I would have leaned on one of my favorite C.S. Lewis quotes:

“I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.”

The longer I live, the more convinced I am that what I read in Scripture is the Truth. 

For all of the Bible's claims about life and human nature and God, I have yet to see even one of them shown to be false, shallow, or misleading. 

So why wouldn't I trust what it says about Jesus?

No comments:

Post a Comment