Therefore Having Gone

Therefore Having Gone

Sunday, October 6, 2024

AVOIDING NEGOTIATIONS

"90 percent of success is not getting distracted." 

"The person who carefully designs their daily routine goes further than the person who negotiates with themselves every day."

Both of these lines jumped out at me from an email newsletter called Brain Food, by Shane Parrish.

I am one who can "negotiate" with himself all morning, every day if I allow it. Some days it's not as intense as others, but I find that any amount of negotiating ends in paralysis.

I have been feeling for some time that I need a morning routine beyond drinking coffee and then making breakfast for Melissa and Sarah.

Once they head out for school is when the negotiating starts. 

I do know the centerpiece to a solid morning routine MUST be Scripture and prayer. 

When I go straight to the Bible first thing in the morning, it tends to ground me for the day in all the deeper realities of life. 

I guess it's not surprising that if I don't go there first, the doors are thrown open to negotiations and distractions.

In other words, small thinking. 

No comments:

Post a Comment