Therefore Having Gone

Therefore Having Gone

Tuesday, October 8, 2024

3 INGREDIENTS

Each week I get 60 seconds to promote Mission Resource’s work to businessmen and women at the local Business Network International chapter meeting. I always use this as my tagline: “Mission Resource – where we put your charitable dollars to work!”  

I figure that if anyone values hard work, it is this group of 20 entrepreneurs. I always want to assure them that donations to Mission Resource bless some of the hardest working people on this planet.

It has been two years since I first visited Ghana to see our staff and clients in action. I remember being struck by the diligence, energy, and dedication of these brothers and sisters - and feeling a growing pride in being a part of a ministry providing the raw materials necessary for their work. All in Jesus’ name. 

It is quite miraculous to witness: When Mission Resource puts a loan in their hard-working hands, they use it to create wealth. At the end of a year’s span, the money is repaid to the loan fund … but now there is a sewing machine, a boat, or a shop sitting where there was nothing before. And that miracle brings untold blessing to our clients, their families, their communities, and their churches. 

That miracle has three simple but necessary ingredients: 1) God’s blessing, 2) our staff and clients’ hard work, and 3) the generosity of believers here in the United States. 

I consider it a privilege to be involved weekly in promoting #3. 

For about 10 days come mid-November, I will once again get to witness firsthand the miracle in its fullness as all three ingredients are combined there in Ghana. I can't tell you how much I am looking forward to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment