Therefore Having Gone

Therefore Having Gone

Tuesday, August 8, 2023

3 ORIGINAL SIN PROOF-TEXTS

I know Wikipedia is not a trustworthy source, but it's late and I am just starting to investigate Original Sin, so it works for a starting place.

According to Wikipedia:

"The biblical bases for original sin are generally found in the following passages, the first and last of which explain why the sin is described as "original":

Genesis 3, the story of the expulsion of Adam and Eve from the Garden of Eden;
Psalm 51:5, "I was brought forth in iniquity, and in sin did my mother conceive me";
Paul's Epistle to the Romans, 5:12-21, "Therefore, just as sin entered the world through one man, and death through sin, and in this way death came to all people, because all sinned...""

That's what I suspected!

Is this another theological doctrine constructed on a flimsy proof-text foundation?

Notice how unclear both Psalm 51:5 and the Romans 5 verse are. That sort of ambiguity makes them perfect for seeing confirmation of your own presuppositions in the text.  

No comments:

Post a Comment