Therefore Having Gone

Therefore Having Gone

Saturday, August 12, 2023

A GOOD DAY

I just finished writing a 3,000 word paper for my hermeneutics class and I am toast. But also feeling joyful. 

I woke up dreading the day because I knew I was going to have to spend the majority of the given hours at my laptop, finishing this paper. 

But then I worked at changing my mindset. 

I remembered that there are far worse ways to spend a day than in a comfortable office in my comfortable house in the comfortable air conditioning.

And I reminded myself that I would get some very pleasant breaks throughout the day - moments when I would pick some tomatoes in the garden, go for a run with one of the dogs, or enjoy a bowl of ice cream. The day wasn't going to be ALL bad.

And besides, what's so bad about spending the day looking closely at a passage from the Bible and writing about it. That's not bad at all - in fact, it is an incredible privilege!

The change in mindset made all the difference in my experience of this day - it changed my attitude and that changed my energy level.

In reflection, if I had retained my mindset of misery, I am not sure I would have finished by the midnight deadline. 

It was a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment