Therefore Having Gone

Therefore Having Gone

Thursday, May 4, 2023

STRESS RISING

Our stress levels have been on the rise recently. I suppose we were about due - it seems you can't go too many months without some major stressors creeping into your life.

Especially as you get older.

Melissa's mom underwent surgery this week to remove a cancerous growth and we are anxiously awaiting reports which will determine next steps for her.

Grandma's health issues have cast a bit of a pall over upcoming special family events - like her own 70th birthday and Caleb's college graduation  - which would have otherwise been pure joy.

Melissa is weighed down with her mom's health issues while trying to keep on top of the insane amount of testing required for her kindergarten students while also trying to make the end of the school year fun and ... educational.

(The testing is literally insane. Our education system has lost the thread.)

Speaking of education ... As for me personally, while I have been learning a new role as pastor and learning how to balance two jobs which often pull in opposite directions, I have also had the greatest workload yet with my doctorate program. 

I have several papers with due dates overlapping Caleb's graduation, a visit with friends from out of town, and a planned family vacation week. I need to get ahead but I am struggling just to keep up with the reading load. 

All that to say we would appreciate prayers!



No comments:

Post a Comment