Therefore Having Gone

Therefore Having Gone

Tuesday, May 23, 2023

RECURRING DREAM

We don't have a word for "the opposite of a nightmare" but I have a recurring dream that is just that.  

I am outdoors running down a grassy path among some trees. Sometimes there are other people at a distance, but often I am alone. 

As I am running, I start taking longer and longer strides until I realize that I am actually floating briefly between footfalls. 

The stretches grow longer until I am convinced that I can actually fly - or at least hover above the ground. 

I take one more big bound to test the theory ... and that's when I wake up.

I don't know what it means for sure, but it feels like a metaphor for the way faith has functioned in my life. 

From an early age I have known that there should be a supernatural element to the Christian life.

Little by little, I have seen it sort of creep into my life. 

Maybe I will still live long enough to see even greater strides.

And someday I will fly. 

No comments:

Post a Comment