Therefore Having Gone

Therefore Having Gone

Friday, June 8, 2012

Trip Update from Bozeman, Montana

We spent the week with my brother Ryan and his wife Suzan and their sons, Jonathan and Spencer.  What a fantastic week it was, too.  I am too tired to post any pictures at the moment, but I will when I get the chance.  The week there was better than we could have asked for.  Such beautiful surroundings and such generous hospitality!  Melissa and I had the chance to share about Haiti at Ryan's church last night at the Wednesday night prayer service and then Ryan treated us all to a treat at Dairy Queen.

This morning we hit the road to wind our way back to Indiana over the course of the next ten days or so.  Our first stop is here in Bozeman - which puts us about an hour and a half outside of Yellowstone Park.  It was a gorgeous drive today, making the time pass quickly considering the number of miles we covered. 

When we pulled away from Ryan's house this morning, we didn't get ten minutes down the road before The Princess (age 5) blurted out, "I miss Uncle Ryan!" The next thing I know, she and Dats (age 11) were both literally in tears.  It was so sweet. 

But like the old Bill Cosby routine about grandparents, I wanted to tell them, "This is not the same guy I shared a room with while we were growing up - this is an old guy trying to get into heaven."  Just kidding, Ryan!  You and Suzan were fantastic to us all and we love you guys.  We're so glad we finally took the opportunity to visit you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment