Therefore Having Gone

Therefore Having Gone

Wednesday, February 7, 2024

FASTING DAY 3

My beginning weight this morning was 187.8. I ended at 187.2. On Day 1 I dropped 2.5 lbs during the day. On Day 2 only .8 lbs. And then today only .6 lbs. That says to me that most of the first day's weight loss was water. (You don't lose 2.5 lbs of fat in a day.) 

But here's a curious thing: I have been losing more weight over night than during the day. Almost 2 lbs each night. Again, that can't be all fat. 

I fully anticipate my weight to bounce back up once I end the fast tomorrow morning, but it will be interesting to see how big or small that bounce will be.

Today, two things really stood out:

1) I had more strength and energy than I typically do. 

Proof? Most mornings I try to get in a little 10 minute exercise routine - jumping jacks and sit ups and whatnot. This morning I was able to do more reps across the board than I have in a long time. Most notably, I was able to do 60  pushups this morning. Usually my limit is 53! That's substantial. 

2) These final hours have been the toughest. The hunger pains seem greater and there is a real temptation to break my fast earlier than I planned. I started rationalizing that I could start eating tonight around 11:00 pm because that was the time on Sunday that I last ate. 

But if I broke my fast tonight it would be disastrous. I know I would likely start eating and then keep eating - until I was miserable. 

Better to stick to my original intention and break the fast tomorrow morning with some fruit.  

No comments:

Post a Comment