Therefore Having Gone

Therefore Having Gone

Saturday, October 7, 2023

PERFECT DAY

A few weeks ago I saw my cousin Jennifer and she told me I needed more posts about my kids. So this post is partly for her. 😘

But mostly it's for me.

That's because I just lived through one of those days as close to paradise as anyone can reach in this lifetime.

And I want to come back to this page 10 years from now so I can revisit it - like Wordsworth with his daffodils. (Google it.)

The day was glorious from first light. While the girls slept in and Caleb drove to his gym, Melissa and I walked a mile to a cute little coffee shop. 

A latte and gluten free bagel for her, basic drip coffee -black - for me.

Eventually the kids joined us and we made our big plan for the day. 

The Chattahoochee River runs alongside Columbus, Georgia and some clever person has decided to erect a couple of high wooden towers in order to allow people to zipline over to Alabama on the far bank of the river and then back to Georgia again. 

The kids and I were immediately game, but Melissa needed a little convincing - at the coffee shop and again at the top of the tower. 

In the end, she took the plunge with the rest of us.

We all suited up ... 


And climbed the spiral staircase.



Dozens of little moments like this were sprinkled throughout the day. We are so blessed to have kids who love and respect each other and enjoy each other's company. (We missed you, Samuel!)


We made it to the top and waited patiently for our turn to fly. Here's Hannah ...


And Sarah ...


And right behind them, Caleb and Melissa.



Good, clean, adventurous fun together.


Next we went in search of ice cream. 

Columbus has an attractive and active downtown with plenty of shops in walking distance just a block or two from the water.


The girls found quite the milkshake to share.


We capped the day off with some shopping and a fantastic Mexican dinner followed by a walk along the river. Perfect weather from sun up to sunset.



It's going to be difficult, but we plan to top this perfect day tomorrow ... 

Thank you, Lord, for such a blessing. 


No comments:

Post a Comment