Therefore Having Gone

Therefore Having Gone

Thursday, September 22, 2011

Thing #225 - Metal Star (Give)

It's been a couple of months since I've given a possession away.  You would think that since we downsized, had several garage sales, and moved out of our house, that there would be little left to get rid of, but there's still plenty around that should be given away, thrown away, or sold.  I went looking in the garage for our winter clothes a few days ago and was clearly reminded how much stuff we still have to deal with.

My classroom is full too, so today when a student of mine asked where I got my metal star, I was quick to ask her why she wanted to know.  "My mom is looking for one."  Great!  She can have this one! 

I just happened to have my webcam with me, so I snapped a picture before the bell rang.  She was excited to have it.
And I was excited to get rid of it. 

Now that I think about it ... maybe I should have sold it.  We finished orientation with One Mission Society last week and in a few weeks we'll go through their online fundraising training.  Then we'll be officially ready to begin the process of raising support for our future in Haiti. 

Meanwhile, LIFE marches on.  Melissa and I attended my 25 Year High School Reunion last Saturday night and had a great time.  (But it did make me feel a bit old.)  Also, I accidentally agreed to teach 2nd grade Sunday School.  Dats started soccer a couple of weeks back with practices on Thursday evenings and games every Saturday morning, and The Drama Queen started American Heritage Girls, which meets every Friday night.  This week at school I had tryouts for the fall play - we're doing Woody Allen's "Don't Drink the Water".  Tonight I worked on creating my cast list ... the toughest part of the job.  Next week will see the start of play practices.  And those will get progressively more time-consuming and stressful until the middle of November, when my head will explode.

No comments:

Post a Comment