Therefore Having Gone

Therefore Having Gone

Sunday, December 19, 2010

Day 41 - Eye Glasses from Saudi Arabia (Throw)

I continue to be amused by the goofy things I hold onto.  I was getting the clippers to cut Caleb's hair when I realized there was a clear plastic tub of items on the laudry room shelf just below the clippers that I had not opened in years - items which obviously belonged to me.  So I pulled it off the shelf and sat on the living room floor and sorted through it... and tossed most of it.  Old eyeglasses (broken!) I had purchased in Saudi Arabia, a half-used bottle of Grecian Formula (from way back when my gray hair was just at my temples), a couple of hotel-sized bottles of conditioner, among other treasures.  I also threw away an old electric razor that wouldn't hold a charge anymore.  Sometimes I hesitate with certain items, thinking I should take them to Goodwill instead of throwing them out, but who would really want an electric shaver that had been on someone else's face?  Gross.

Anyway, nothing too exciting recently to write about, so I'm going to have to get on the ball and start parting with some of the bigger things soon.  Melissa and I ran into a realtor friend during the Nutcracker preparations this weekend and she had encouraging news:  several local companies are hiring soon and she expects the local housing market to pick up significantly at the beginning of the year!  We need to take some time over Christmas break to continue to shape up the house - and that bit of hope is just what I needed to hear to keep me going.

No comments:

Post a Comment