Therefore Having Gone

Therefore Having Gone

Thursday, February 29, 2024

I DO

Today I started writing about my upcoming baptism. I had hoped to post those thoughts here tonight but I am finding it rather difficult to write about. 

But that's good. Writing helps me figure out what I really think - and baptism is a serious topic deserving careful consideration. 

It feels like a big part of my difficulty is my hesitancy to stir up theological animosity. Baptism is a topic which conjures strong opinions. I sincerely do not want to offend others who hold views of baptism not aligned with my own. 

As a pastor now, it seems like I might find it tricky to get baptized out of my own personal conviction to obey what God is calling me to do, without it being interpreted as something I would dictate for the Church as a whole. 

In the end, this isn't about whether anybody who was baptized as a baby needs to be baptized as an adult. It is only about whether Steve Gross - who happened to be baptized as a baby - wants to be baptized as an adult. 

And I do. 

No comments:

Post a Comment