Therefore Having Gone

Therefore Having Gone

Saturday, July 24, 2021

TEACHER GRIPES

At this point on the calendar, it is common to hear teachers begin to gripe about how quickly the summer is passing. 

I caught myself bemoaning the "end of summer" today. (Classes start for me on August 5th.)

I was going to post this photo on Instagram with a caption like "My mood as July comes to and end". 


Then I remembered that I am wrapping up TWO FULL MONTHS off of work (except for 30 hours I put into summer school across the month of June). And I also remembered that my wife - like the vast majority of workers I know - has struggled to find a way to take off a single day here and there all year long so far. 

And I felt guilty.

And grateful for getting so much time away from work pressures. 

Maybe teachers complain too much. After all, getting summers and every major holiday off - what other job offers that kind of fringe benefit?


No comments:

Post a Comment