Therefore Having Gone

Therefore Having Gone

Saturday, July 16, 2011

Saturday, July 16 - Back in the U.S.

FINALLY!  I have a usable internet link!  We flew back to Miami today and the kids were excited about the prospect of swimming and playing their Nintendo games ... for me, it was the chance to finally post some pictures from our two weeks in Haiti.

We have a long drive to Atlanta area tomorrow, so I don't dare stay up too late tonight writing - I really can't think of where to start anyway.  So I'll just post a smattering of pictures here, maybe comment on a few and then I'll sort through the rest in the next few days.

But first let me publicly give praise to God for these past two weeks in Haiti!  If our central purpose for this trip was to confirm our sense of calling to the mission field of Haiti AS A FAMILY, then I have to say it was a resounding success.  Samuel (age 7) wanted to extend our trip by a week.  As we sat in the airport in Cap Haitien around 9:00 this morning, poor Sarah (age 4) was heartbroken.  She said she missed "Aunt" Jane.  (More about Jane and Bud later.)  Then she said in a sad little whimpering voice, "I just love Haiti."

Wow.  So do I.  So does Melissa.  And so does Jesus!

Our first Sunday morning - off to worship at the Vaudreuil church.

Hannah plays soccer with the "neighborhood" kids.

Picking up kids on the way to VBS in the mountains.
The Princess got tired sometimes ... but overall, she was a trooper!

The path to the church of Gaudin where we helped with VBS.



Caleb on the plane ride into Cap Haitien.

One of the infamous tarantulas!

One of my favorite pics from the trip ...
More pics to come later.  Again, a great big THANK YOU to all who supported us and made this trip a reality.  God bless you!

2 comments:

  1. Love the pictures Steve. Praising God with you for such a successful trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aaa!!! Praise God! So excited to hear more!!

    ReplyDelete