Therefore Having Gone

Therefore Having Gone

Tuesday, August 21, 2012

New Website

Over the last few months, I have had several people tell me that they are ready and willing to support us financially in our bid to get to Haiti BUT...

1) They haven't gotten around to finding a stamp and mailing in the back side of the prayer card...

OR

2)  They have tried to start the process on-line at the OMS website and found it confusing and time-consuming.

And these are legitimate hang-ups in our go-go-go culture and I completely empathize.  Fortunately, I've got a friend who has led me to a solution.  James Hill just moved to Greenwood, Indiana to be a homeland missionary with OMS in the area of web programming.  James and his wife Loni were in our OMS orientation class this time last year - and that's where we first got to know them.  They are such a neat family and we're glad to have them living near by!

Yesterday, James designed a website for me (while my main contribution to the process was looking over his shoulder and silently marveling) - a website that makes it simple, straightforward, quick and convenient for to get the ball rolling for anybody who wishes to support our upcoming ministry in Haiti through a monthly faith promise.

So, check it out right HERE.

I've also put the link in the sidebar of this blog, for ease of locating it again easily in the future.  And I plan to annoy everybody by posting and re-posting it on Facebook in the coming weeks and months.  ;-) 

In all seriousness, I often feel like we are placing a burden on family and friends (and sometimes even strangers!) when I ask for support, and I guess that's because I am.  I AM placing a burden on others.  But it's a burden God first placed on us.  We are just sharing the burden!  ;-)

I am beginning to feel the crunch of time.  Our goal is to get our family to Haiti right after Christmas - in time for the start of the second semester.  As I have already mentioned, the need for a kindergarten and high school teacher is present NOW and the Cowman International School is "making do" until we get there. 

When you click on the new website, you are simply initiating the support process.  There's no credit card info or anything like that.  You are only letting us know that you are committing to partner with us financially in ministry to Haiti and that you will start giving in December or so.  You will receive all the necessary information about the financial process in the mail in plenty of time to get started before we leave the country.

Would you be willing to pray about whether or not the Lord would have you partner with us?

We are completely dependent on God's provision through generous individuals to get our family to Haiti. Our hearts are already there - we just need to get our physical bodies there too!

No comments:

Post a Comment