Therefore Having Gone

Therefore Having Gone

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Another School Year Ends

The school year is winding down and it is such a huge relief.  We've not been able to catch our breath for a couple of weeks now - going to bed late, getting up feeling exhausted... 

This morning I finished up grading research papers and submitted another newspaper article.  Now I just have one last test to give - tomorrow morning - and all the final exams to grade (which will be a snap compared to all those research papers).  Of course there are all the end of the year details to address, also, like accounting for all the text books and cleaning a year's worth of accumulated papers from my shelves and drawers.  I also need to leave all of my curriculum and resources in a state where someone else can pick them up and run with them IF I am not here in the fall.  I would not want to leave that task until later in the summer.

Three priorities face Melissa and me as we find ourselves soon out from under the "9 to 5":

1)  Get back on track with funding.  We haven't made any contacts or scheduled any meetings for a couple of weeks now.  Summer should be a good time to offer fill-in time on Sunday mornings for local pastors, but I haven't made any calls yet for that either.

2)  Get repairs finished on the house and get it on the rental market or sold.  Melissa and I keep vacillating on the whole Rent/Sell question.   Renting would be quicker - we're pretty sure we could fill the house within a week if needed.  But selling would take the whole issue away and we'd be done with it - if only we could get a decent asking price.  (Either way, I have to deal with the dreaded pool clean-up.  Nastiest. Job. Ever.  Of course, it wouldn't be so bad if I ever figured out how to properly winterize a pool...)

3)  Get our family to Seattle.  Just one week from today (Oh my!), we'll be flying the entire family out to my brother's house in Seattle for my nephew's high school graduation.  We will be there for a week and then be heading back to Indiana by rental vehicle - passing through Yellowstone Park, South Dakota, and Iowa.  We hope to make the trip a combination of visiting family, sightseeing, and fundraising, but each is going to take a bit more planning to make happen!



No comments:

Post a Comment