Therefore Having Gone

Therefore Having Gone

Thursday, March 1, 2012

#227 King Size Bed - Sell

I have really gotten out of the writing routine.  But I've come to a conclusion:  if I want to write more here (and I do!) then I had better start keeping my own private journal again.  So I am.  I started writing in it tonight. 


I realized that part of my problem in keeping this blog current is simply lack of sufficient time, but I can make the time.  The part of blogging that is really time consuming is trying to figure out what to share publicly and what should be kept private.  I mean, I want to be as transparent as possible here, but I don't need to air ALL my frustrations, disappointments and failings... for people in Malaysia to read.  (Seriously, it is so weird to see where some of the views originate.  Lately it has been South Korea and Saudi Arabia and Germany.)


I need to start giving, throwing and selling again, too.  I don't know if I can do something every single day, but I definitely need to start divesting again.  There's plenty in my classroom alone to keep me busy for a while.

Speaking of selling ... Melissa worked out a deal to sell Thing #227: our old king size bed.  I cannot tell you how much I miss that bed!  There is nothing quite like King Size - especially when you're 6'4".  The folks who rented our house are moving out now and heading back into their newly renovated home next door.  They got used to that bed and want to take it with them when they go. 

When we moved in with Melissa's mom last August, we borrowed a full size bed from Melissa's aunt because our new bedroom was going to be SMALL - built for a twin size at best.  Well, transitioning from King to Full was no small task and the next thing you knew, I was sleeping on an air mattress in the basement most nights! 

Not so good.

A few weeks after Christmas, my mom gave us her Queen size when she downsized to Full.  And we gladly took it.  (Thanks, mom!) Now we are able to sleep quite a bit better but there is literally a mere 14 inch clearance to the wall on Melissa's side and 18 on mine to the dresser.  (And when I use the word "literally", I mean that I literally went into the room just now with a tape measure and measured.)  At the foot of the bed we have 60 inches to the closet.  Literally. 

I don't know why I am telling you all this, except to say that none of it matters ultimately because - surprisingly - I have apparently "learned the secret of being content in any and every situation" (Phil 4:12).  Life is upside down and less than comfortable right now, but something (or rather, Someone) has me happier than I think I've ever been.

I would tell you what it is but ... it's a secret.  Guess you have to figure it out for yourself if you haven't already...

1 comment:

  1. one of the most amazing blog i really feel amazed to get to know about the UK Leading Bed Manufacturers

    ReplyDelete