Therefore Having Gone

Therefore Having Gone

Sunday, July 10, 2011

Sunday, July 10, 2011

As I write, we are at Bud and Jane's house awaiting dinner.  The kids are playing Wi - they miraculously survived an entire week without TV or electronic games up until last night.  Bud and Jane have gone above and beyond duty in entertaining us this weekend.  Jane works as "hostess" and with the Starfish program.  Bud is the compound's maintenance miracle worker. 

Yesterday they took us to Cormier Beach - a rough hour-long ride to the other side of Cap Haitien.  It was so rough that Sammy lost the pineapple he had for breakfast.  Poor guy.  I was the one to try to catch it.  I was glad he hadn't had the oatmeal.

(Cormier is beautiful - like so much of this island.  It is killing me to not be able to post any pictures.  So frustrating.)

I am continuing to have internet problems and don’t have time to write in much detail anyway.  So suffice it to say for now that we are having a great experience and feel nothing but confirmation for our plans to move here in just over a year.  The kids have been troopers – tolerating the heat… eating unfamiliar foods … meeting lots of strangers. 

This afternoon - after church and then swimming at a local hotel - we got to look around the house next door to the Bundys – which is where we will likely be living once we get here.  Now Melissa is making a list of things we’ll need to bring with us and she’s already arranging the furniture in her head. 

I hope I will have a chunk of time on Saturday once we get to Miami to sit with the computer and process some thoughts and post some pictures.  Sorry for how disjointed this posting has been … every time I get going, I lose my internet connection and have to go through several steps to recover my post. 

So I will just ask for your continued prayers and I will post again as soon as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment